The Board of Education recognized the Red Apple Tuition Reimbursement Recipients and approved a new 5-Year Facility Master Plan during today’s regular meeting.
Red Apple Tuition Reimbursement Recipients
The Board of Education recognized the Red Apple Tuition Reimbursement Recipients during the meeting. Dave Dailey, President of the Foundation for Educational Excellence, presented the recognition given to teachers taking courses who met a set of requirements and furthered their education to benefit students. The recipients are:
- Corey McFerren, Teacher (Mesa View Middle School)
- Jessica Eaker, Teacher (San Juan College High School)
- Joy Vise, Teacher (McCormick Elementary School)
- Rebekah Gamboa, EA (Northeast Elementary School)
- Shaanii-Grace Robinson-Ritzdorf, Teacher (Esperanza Elementary School)
- Kazhia Small, Teacher (Ladera del Norte Elementary School)
- Nora Montoya, Teacher (Tibbetts Middle School)
- Marchelle Hennrich, Teacher (Country Club)
- Tammy Benally, Teacher (Esperanza Elementary School)
- Jerome Jones, Teacher (Farmington High School)
From left to right: Superintendent Cody Diehl, Shaanii-Grace Robinson-Ritzdorf, Board President Stephanie Thompson, Rebekah Gamboa, FEE President Dave Dailey, Corey McFerren, Marchelle Hennrich, Jessica Eaker, Kazhia Small, Board Secretary Andra Stradling, Nora Montoya, and Joy Vise.
5-Year Facility Master Plan
Ted Lasiewicz, FMS Director of Operations, presented the 5-Year Facility Master Plan for approval. The plan includes detailed information on demographics and enrollment, maximum, functional, and programmatic student capacity of each school site, classrooms needed to accommodate existing and future enrollments, the prioritization process, and needs by facility. FMS approves a facility plan every five years, but it can be updated every two years. The Board approved the plan. You can download a copy of it here.
The Board of Education will next meet on March 7, 2023.
Before the beginning of today’s meeting, Board members and staff were treated to a beautiful performance by the Piedra Vista HS Advanced Guitar Ensemble Performance.