Parents and staff,
On July 1, 2022, Farmington Municipal Schools made the following changes to our inclement weather procedures for the 2022-2023 school year:
- In the event school buildings are closed due to snow or other inclement weather, schools will be canceled on those days. There will not be any remote learning.
- There will be no 2-hour delays on Mondays. In the event of inclement weather, schools will be canceled on those days.
- If there is a 2-hour delay on Tuesday through Friday, the preschool AM session is canceled, and the preschool PM session will still be held.
- There can be 2-hour delays during the 2022-2023 school year only if buses cannot run at their regular times. Buses will pick students up 2 hours later than usual.
- On days when inclement weather cancels school, all co-curricular activities, extra-curricular activities, and other district activities are canceled unless the Superintendent or their designee makes an exception.
- The PR Department will make announcements on the website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and via phone calls and emails. Notifications are also sent to local and regional media outlets (see a list of local television stations below).
- On school closure days, meals will not be served.
- On 2-hour delays, lunch meals will be served.
*In school year 2022-2023, FMS will not be providing curbside meals or deliver them via bus. This change is due to Farmington Municipal Schools switching back to the USDA National School Lunch Program (NSLP) / School Breakfast Program (SBP) & Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Current information about our Student Nutrition Department can be found here.
*Inclement Weather Procedures are different for FMS Plant Operation staff. Please check with your supervisor.
UPDATED JULY 01, 2022